How to Manage Multiple Office 365 Tenants?
Office 365 provides one of the best services for their users to manage data on the cloud and because of the features of Office 365 application, many of us use its multiple tenant accounts. But most of the users have some queries related to the management of multiple Office 365 tenants. So, having more than one Office 365 tenant account may become complex for some users and through this article we will understand how to manage multiple Office 365 tenants and how can we operate them easily.
There are some limitations which are may arise where you are managing multiple Office 365 tenant accounts. These are:
- Those users who have different Office 365 tenants cannot utilize the Shared mailbox of Office 365.
- You cannot select a custom domain at the same time in tenant accounts.
- Transfer from Office 365 tenant account to various apps like SharePoint Sites, Yammer, OneDrive for Business cannot possible without any third-party software.
- You can avail the SharePoint Search and Team Store in a single tenant only.
- You have to move from tenants in teams to establish communications with other tenant’s people.
- Many limitations to using Office 365 groups.
- Users of multiple Office 365 tenants are not allowed to synchronize any offline document from OneDrive of multiple tenants (with the same identity).
- It is not easy to use other services of Office 365 like Forms, PowerApps, PowerBI, etc. with multiple Office 365 tenants.
After these limitations, you need to have complete knowledge to manage multiple Office 365 tenants.
Strategies to Know How to Manage Multiple Office 365 Tenants
Now, let’s understand some strategies which can help you to manage multiple Office 365 tenants with its all features and sections.
- You should become a Microsoft partner as through the use of Partner feature which is in the App launcher section of Office 365 you can navigate to other tenants.
- It may easy to use multiple Office 365 tenants in different browsers. You can open one account in one browser and the other account in another browser.
- You can utilize the PowerShell to new users in Office 365 tenant. You can use it with a CSV file to customize your time for managing Office 365 tenants.
- To protect your tenant accounts you should turn on the Multi-Factor Authentication and by checking the user’s sign-in updates, transactions to make it secure from theft issues. Through this authentication, you can manage phone calls, passcodes, etc.
- Through the utilization of an incremental synchronization method, you can store cache on Azure Cloud so that you can manage multiple tenants of Office 365 smoothly on the selected server.
- The Office 365 tenant to tenant migration is the last way to manage multiple Office 365 tenants more effectively. Through the third-party utility, you can do so without any error of data loss.
Office 365 Tenants Management Process with Automated Software
You can utilize the Office 365 tenant migration tool to save data from one tenant to another tenant of Office 365 application. Through this software, you can manage large size data or folders with some easy and simple steps and can understand how to manage multiple Office 365 tenants without any issue. If you are using the automated tool then you can able to transfer data as per your requirement through the help of its filtration sections which include date range and header filters.
Managing multiple Office 365 tenants is not so simple but it has some benefits through which you can manage data on the cloud in a better view. But because of some disability of multiple Office 365 tenants, it is advisable to consolidate it and manage complete data into a single Office 365 tenant account. If you want to try the consolidation method then you can try the Office 365 Converter which can show you this process and allows you to test the software with the first 20 items of every selected folder.